- Your mayor makes our mayor look like a genius.
- Philly is neat and clean in comparison.
- There aren't may place on earth that smell worse than Philly International in July. Except The French Quarter.
- We feel right at home reading about political and police corruption in The Big Easy.
- The streets in North Philly feel safe and well lit in comparison.
- Philly.com is well-organized and readable in comparison to NOLA.com.
Friday, January 12, 2007
Things That Make Me Mad
Bush 41, Iran-Contra Conspiricist, to Lead Constitution Center George Herbert Walker Bush, 41st president of the United States, apparently has nothing to to at his mansion on the Maine Coast. He has just agreed to be the chairman of the board of the National Constitution Center on Independence Mall in Philadelphia. According to this article, the 82 year old could not be bothered to even attend his coronation ceremony. Will Bunch does a great job characterizing The Original Bush President's misdeeds. Bush 41, of course, is also the father of the doofus to the left. I just wish for once we could get a do-over. Anyone think the Supreme Court made the right decision in Gore v. Bush? Why do They Always Bring up Santa and The Snowballs? Some guy named Chris Rose from the New Orleans Times-Picayune came up to Philly to write about Philly fans. He did a pretty good job on balance, but can anyone tell me why Sportstalk 950's Gregg Henson had to bring up the Santa and Snowballs incident? For the record, I did talk to Rose on the radio this week. And yes, I accidentally used a word you can't use on the air. Gregg, Glenn, Meredith, I apologize. For the guys who asked me to post my rant, here is the basic theme: Folks from Philly love going to New Orleans. It's one of the few cities that we visit and say, jesus, Philly is better than this.