Other Thoughts on the News of the Week
- The Duke Lacrosse players should get the lawyers who sued the Trop. The Duke guys will never get their reputations back, but somebody should pay for what they were put through.
- Wal-Mart finally got to buy an Eakins. Wonder why the fire sale at TJU. Are things really that bad financially there?
- Don Imus is a racist and he just doesn't get it. It's time for his brand of moronic, right of center 'humor' to take a permanent vacation.
- Kurt Vonnegut died last night. I can't say I ever understood his work, but the New York Times calls him a 'literary idol.' I'd link to it, but you need a subscription, and I hate that, so here's the quote:
"Mr. Vonnegut wrote plays, essays and short fiction. But it was his novels that became classics of the American counterculture, making him a literary idol, particularly to students in the 1960s and ’70s. Dog-eared paperback copies of his books could be found in the back pockets of blue jeans and in dorm rooms on campuses throughout the United States."
- Finally, on American Idol last night, Haley Scarnato and her legs were voted off. Somehow Sanjaya made the cut, which means that this guy stays up on the roof another week. *Sigh* I guess this is his 15 Minutes.