This week's installment of the Friday Fantastic Four can be a tough one for a lot of us who eat out a good bit. It also can mak you compare great meals you have at home to the really wonderful restaurants out there.
What are (or were in the past) your four favorite places to eat and why?
- Grandma's house on Sunday nights for roast beef and mashed potatoes with amazingly good brown gravy and French-cut string beans.
- The Shipyard Brewing Company in Kennebunkport for a lobster roll and a pint of Old Thumper.
- Smith and Wollensky's on Rittenhouse Square for bone-in filet mignon, grilled asparagus and a glass of red Bordeaux.
- Joe's Stone Crabs in Miami for great crabcakes and the legendary atmosphere.
- My back yard for crabs and beer with the family
- CBP for a Schmitter and a Hop Devil
- A food cart outside Fenway Park for a sausage and pepper sandwich
- Mother's in New Orleans for Fried Oyster Po' Boys
- Tony Luke's for a pork sandwich with shape provolone and broccoli rabe
- Renaud's on Bienville in NO for great Creole
- Mack and Manco's for Boardwalk pizza in Ocean City, NJ
- Valanni at 1229 Spruce for braised veal shank and a Jack Daniels Old Fashioned
Enjoy the weekend!